YOGA LEVEL ONE (200 HOURS)
Registered with Yoga Alliance International
Expand your knowledge necessary to teach dynamic Yoga classes. Registered with Yoga Alliance 200hr, we offer our students the highest standards for their future success. The course cost includes all course material and classes.
This course is run by Cara Gillespie, with some course components by Michelle Merrifield from Essence of Living International Academy of Yoga and Pilates on the Gold Coast. Anatomy is taught by Erin Bourne and Nutrition is taught by Danielle Klye (Naturopath).
The courses will be delivered at the The Daily Dose Studio in Balaclava and require all classes and lectures to be attended and signed by course director.
Combine the Pilates Teacher Training with the Yoga Teacher Training to receive a
$1000 discount off the combined total. 5% discount if paid in full 8 weeks prior to course commencement.
TRAINING DATES 2017
DATES: 1st July - 3rd September
(Saturday & Sunday - 10 weekends)
(Includes 30 minute pranayama/meditation and 90minute practice with Cara)
LOCATION: The Daily Dose Studio - 2 William Street, Balaclava
- Yoga Philosophy and Principles
- Business Skills
Personal Practice: 40 classes
Observation: 8 classes
Assisting: 10 classes
Participation can be completed at The Daily Dose Studio in Balaclava and/or at Live Life Well Studio in Chelsea (included in course cost)
$4400 inc GST
Payment plan option available with a maximum of 6 month duration ($500 admin fee will apply)
Combine the Pilates Teacher Training with the Yoga Teacher Training to receive a
$1000 discount off the combined total.
5% discount if paid in full 8 weeks prior to course commencement.
REQUIRED READING MATERIAL
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (We recommend the Essence of Yoga: The Reflections on the Yoga Sutras
by Bernard Bouanchaud)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Breathe Bend Blossom - Michelle Merrifield
- The Key Poses of Yoga - Ray Long
- The Key Muscles of Yoga - Ray Long
Coaching and Instruction (Group Exercise)
•Develop a broad knowledge of yoga asana and adjustments
- Instruct Surya Namaskar, standing, balancing, back-bending, twisting, forward bending, hip opening and inversion postures
- Apply safe sequencing, teaching method, adjustments and assists for Surya Namaskar, standing, balancing, back-bending, twisting, forward bending, hip opening, inversion and savasana.
- Plan a session or program for participants.
- Develop basic yoga programs
- Conduct a yoga session participants
- Plan and Instruct a group yoga class
- Customise instructional skills to include specific areas of expertise in the yoga industry
- Deliver an approved community yoga program to promote wellbeing
Personal/ Private Classes
•Plan and deliver personal yoga program
- Plan and prepare an individualised long-term yoga program
- Conduct, monitor and adjust individualised long-term yoga programs
•Apply exercise science to yoga instruction
- Develop and apply awareness of specific populations to yoga delivery
- Provide advice to clients on the application of anatomy and physiology to yoga
- Undertake relevant yoga planing and programming
- Utilise a broad knowledge of exercise science in yoga planning programming and instruction
•Provide yoga for clients with special requirements
- Plan and deliver yoga for children and young adolescents
- Plan and deliver yoga for older adults
Equipment use and facility maintenance
•Use and maintain core yoga equipment
- Instruct yoga activity skills to clients using yoga equipment
- Utilise a broad knowledge of yoga equipment
•Apply yoga philosophy and history to yoga instruction
- Develop and apply awareness of specific pranayama to yoga instruction
- Provide advice to clients on the steps of meditation
- Utilise a broad knowledge of yoga philosophy and history in yoga planning and programming.
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
•Undertake risk analysis- Follow OHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor the organisations OHS policies, procedures and programs.
•Provide orientation to clients prior to undertaking a yoga program
- Undertake client induction and screening
- Undertake postural appraisal of low risk clients
Yoga and the Law
•Apply yoga law
- Promote compliance with the laws and legal principles
•Address clients needs
- Co-ordinate client service activities
- Co-ordinate and conduct projects
- Analyse participation patterns in specific markets of the yoga industry
•Provide leadership to groups
- Facilitate a group
- Utilise and understand motivational psychology with yoga clients
•Provide information and yoga related to nutrition and body composition
- Provide nutrition advice to clients
•Contribute to effective workplace relations
- Meet clients needs and expectations
- Process client complaints
Sports First Aid
•Provide advanced first aid response
Michelle is the creator of all training programs at Essence of Living, she also delivers some of the course work as specified. Michelle is the director of Essene of Living on the Gold Coast and has been running a successful business for over 10 years.
Cara is the co-owner of The Daily Dose Studio and owner of Live Life Well Studio in Chelsea. Cara has has extensive training with Michelle as a Yoga, Pilates, Pilates Barre and Yin Teacher and will be facilitating the majority of the coursework.
INQUIRE OR SIGN UP
03) 9530 3659
"Irrespective of whether you want to teach yoga or not I recommend this course for anyone who wants to develop themselves, better themselves or even learn to love and trust in themselves and the world around them"
- Julie Heerebrand
“I liked everything about this course. This is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I have learnt so much and have grown so much and have been opened up so much from this course. Michelle is such an amazing teacher. I have been so inspired to come into my own light and be my best through this course. The level of instruction was epic. The level of inspiration completely surpassed anything I had expected. Every second was mind, body and soul strengthening. Michelle enlights a level of inspiration in her students that is breathtaking. A complete and groundbreaking course that combines the innovation of Jivamukti, the sacredness of Bali and the tradition of India”
– Diana Charabin
“I liked absolutely everything about this course. I enrolled to learn
more about yoga and to gain more physical fitness, the course far exceeded this. I enjoyed the intimate format, the asanas taught and the information provided on yoga. I really appreciated Michelle’s encouragement, one-on-one instruction and admired the way she encouraged individuality and worked at bonding the students”
– Jenny Smith
“There are so many things I absolutely loved about this course. I loved the amount of information we get about all aspects of yoga. I loved the inhouse teaching (actually teaching each other). I loved the homework – I think coming up with classes and actually teaching them really helps us understand everything from sequencing to counting to what will and won’t work. I love how everything is explained in detail, so we fully understand why we are doing everything. I love the atmosphere here with all the teachers, they are more than willing to give advice and help if we need it.There couldn’t be a more perfect course. I think Michelle is amazing, she inspired me everyday.
This course is a true blessing to me”
– Cara Gillespie
“I just loved this course! I loved the yoga and I loved the Pilates. I have learnt SO much. All effort was made to ensure we received all of Michelle’s knowledge – nothing was held back. There was constant encouragement and unlimited assistance to make sure we received all the information and guidance we required, Michelle was always there to answer our questions and help us in anyway, and continues to do so even now that the course has finished. I loved
that we were pushed beyond our comfort zone. It was challenging, but you feel yourself improving so much and so quickly because of it. I have met so many wonderful people through this course and made some beautiful friends"
– Radha Melis
“I really enjoyed the focus on positive re-enforcement and the nurturing supportive space created. It felt non-threatening and inclusive. Getting to know the other girls has been wonderful. Michelle is approachable, inspiring, real and supportive. The feedback given has been constructive and useful. I have adored doing this, even more than I anticipated and would recommend it anyone wanting to take their yoga practice to the next level”
– Rachel Harwood